Procurement Specialist - Nestlé
The Procurement Support Specialist is responsible for understanding, communicating and helping to implement sourcing strategies on a local level (at the market) including new or changing items/services, P2P channel management and of new suppliers. The Procurement Support Specialist gathers data and business requirements and conveys local requirements to transmit them to Local Business Partners and Local Sourcing teams and Above Market Category teams for setting actions/strategies accordingly. He/she will work to liaise with the NiM stakeholders for assigned scope focused on functions and plant, production and Co-Man sites in the Market concerned.
A day in the life of...
- Provide the Local Business Partner with information and requirements gathered through the daily business and report to him/her on a regular basis.
- Proactively understand the business needs and requirements within the assigned scope for functional and plant level requirements in the NiM serviced
- Carry out as directed any data retrieval, analysis and representation required, mapping how ordering (P2P) and channels work within the locations serviced, and identify improvements to be targeted
- Interface with local suppliers as required to help with any supplier development, or supplier switch out activities as directed by category and sourcing teams
- Work with HOP and Business partners to integrate sourcing plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning processes as required
- As directed by category and sourcing teams, act to integrate innovation, renovation and post award cost improvement elements from suppliers into all in scope functional or site/production processes, ensuring that all supplies to that site adhere to Nestlé's Suppliers Code and all actions from audit events are acted upon
- Provide information and support for Procurement Ensure Supply process - PES(e.g. Prioritized list of materials for risk analysis, input for criteria for risk analysis)
What Will Make You Successful
- Demonstrated success in delivering competitive advantage to the business through development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the spend category in charge over a sustained period (2-3 years)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects
- Demonstrated successful use of risk management, analyses, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management
- Negotiated successfully in cross-functional and cross-market teams