Senior Accountant - adidas
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (TAX EXPERIENCE)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The role is to ensure compliance at all time of two corporate entities with all tax laws and regulations in Egypt and to ensure strong partnership with local tax authorities in close collaboration with Group taxes.
- Proactively inform the Sr. Manager Finance and the Local Management of any change in tax regulation to support fast and efficient business decision making.
- Build relationships and interact with tax representatives to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise.
- Manage local internal taxes (VAT, Income, Payroll, stamp and WHT) in compliance with laws and regulations within the framework of the Group policies.
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing study with Center of Competence of tax and external advisors
- Attend and facilitate proper processing of tax inspections and alignment on any tax risk and tax inspection with Local Management and Group Taxes.
- Manages all requirements for tax audits - all types of Taxes and ensure compliance with tax litigations, review the tax authority’s inspection report to identify issues raised.
- Coordinate with external tax advisor on minimizing possible penalties following tax inspections.
- Manages communication/representation with tax authorities, external advisers, external auditors, and tax/business organizations.
- Responsible for E-Invoicing project and manage the process related to ensure invoices submission.
- Managing tax reporting and tax provisions.
- Customs Duty
- Sustaining knowledge of Customs and Excise regulations and how they would impact the business.
- Ensure proper formatting of information during customs duty inspection to avoid any business interruption.
- Handle company’s legal cases when necessary in alignment with the legal consultant.
- Manage contract drafting and reviewal with external providers and in alignment with the legal consultant.
- To support the Accounting Team in driving process improvements in all accounting related processes and to monitor and reconcile the monthly B/S and P&L movements.
- Monthly review to ensure the integrity of accounting transactions and administer SAP problems to maintain integrated picture for the COA.
- Coordinate accounting functions and prepare GL accounts reconciliation for amortizations, accruals, allocations, and adjustments on SAP.
- Support in the treasury part by maintaining cleared bank accounts and preparing monthly bank reconciliation and submit for review & approval.
- Aid in the process of T&E settlements review according to internal policies.
- Support the accounting team manager in tracking E2E process for inventory movements and COGS treatment.
- All local departments
- External Auditors and Tax Advisors.
- Group Taxes.
- Governmental Institutions and Tax authorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Tax regulations
- SAP experience is a must.
- Strong systems’ knowledge, with the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Ability to understand and use financial data to make decisions and influence outcomes
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accountancy qualification is a plus (i.e. CPA, CMA, ACCA etc.)
- More than 5 years of experience in Tax
- SAP experience is a major advantage.
- Industry experience: ideally in apparel/fashion/consumer goods or FMCG
- IT skills: Outlook & Word: Basic; PowerPoint & Excel: advanced
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).