About the job:
We are looking for a results-driven and confident chief accountant to manage and improve our organization's financial performance and direct our accounting operations. Duties for the chief accountant will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy chief accountant should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
· Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
· Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
· Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
· Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
· Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
· Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
· Support month-end and year-end close process.
· Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Requirements and skills:
· Proven working experience as a chief accountant
· 7 + years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
· Advanced degree in Accounting.
· Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
· Experience with creating financial statements.
· Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
· Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
· Must have experience in hospitality.