Etijah is hiring:
- Monitor the financial progress of a project.
- Have the ability to work in the field
- Track the expenditures against the planned budget.
- Report periodic financial statements to the financial controller and ensure that accounting procedures and systems are adequate and functional.
- Review and follow up on the advances and forecast for the project.
- Regularly update and settle the advances, including deposit and issue balances, with the bank.
- Make sure all the official documents required are attached.
- Provide an up-to-date cost sheet on all ongoing projects.
- Monitor and process daily expenses.
- Input general entries and control changes and negotiated with the Financial Controller.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting.
- Assist and control the daily petty cash closing.
- handle day-to-day bookkeeping
- Issue vouchers charges and entry to financial system.
- Follow up on the outstanding balances and liabilities.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Prepare financial and project reports, including the monthly bank book and bank reconciliation, to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Coordinate project logistics.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is a must.
- Certifications or a background in finance, logistics or management are pluses.
- Minimum experience of 2-3 years is required.
- Working at NGOs and in the field are pluses.
- Previous experience with working on computerized financial systems is a plus.
- Have strong attention to details and an investigative nature.
- Have good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Able to make quick but rational decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Have analytical skills.
- Be able to foster an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
- Advanced accounting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with different persons/tasks, and built good relation with project’s parties and beneficiaries.
- Problem solving skills.
- Very Good – Excellent command of the English language
- Business, management, logistics, accounting, and finance backgrounds.