Dubizzle Egypt is the leading marketplace for selling and buying online in the region. Our aim is to upgrade people’s lives by facilitating deals and identifying attractive opportunities for both individuals and businesses. Our goal is to strengthen local economies, empower small businesses, and help everyone in making smarter choices for themselves, the market, and the planet.
As part of Dubizzle Group, we are alongside some of the strongest classifieds brands in the market. With a collective strength of 8 brands, we have more than 160 million monthly users that trust in our dedication to providing them with the best platform for their needs.
As the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for supervising all financial tasks of our company and ensuring we use capital and resources beneficially. You will also be responsible for creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments, and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. You will be responsible for crafting financial strategy plans, budgeting/forecasting, management reporting, and decision support for the management team in Dubizzle Egypt. Ultimately, You will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the development and implementation of tools, systems, and processes to support the strategic goals of the businesses.
- Drive continuous improvement to the processes and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain budgeting and forecasting processes, codify and standardize inputs and logic, ensuring accountability through accessibility.
Working Capital / Cash Flow management:
- Design and develop various collection tactics such as extensions and write-offs to ensure timely collections of out due payments.
- Ensure high-quality invoicing and collection procedures that comply with the law
- Manage client relations of clients with overdue receivables.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Determine organizational finance capacities, calculate financial constraints, and approve budget strategies.
- Establish standards and procedures to guide the administration of organizational budgeting.
- Create strategies to optimize our organization's budgets and spending.
- Monitor spending patterns and implement measures to promote adherence to budgets.
- Formulate and develop departmental and organizational budgets with relevant people and organizations.
Legal compliance & Taxation:
- Develop tax strategies and policies that support the business and maintain compliance with local tax laws and regulations
- Maintain solid relationships between the company and external auditors, lawyers, and regulatory authorities.
Strategy & Leadership:
- Provide management with insights into drivers of bookings, revenue, client, product, and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Partner with Department Heads to drive operational performance across the region.
- Provide financial business partnership and decision support on key strategic initiatives
- Lead, mentor, and develop the finance team in Dubizzle Egypt.
Reporting and Knowledge Management:
- Develop, analyze, interpret, and present financial results to various stakeholders across the organization, key messaging to the audience, from the executive level to the different department teams across the organization.
- Develop a financial reporting framework and process and system to standardize reporting and planning.