We're looking for a talented and experienced cost accountant to join our team!
Check out the job description below and apply today if you fit the criteria
- Collect cost information and maintain an expense database
- Construct data accumulation systems
- Determine fixed costs.
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly, and annual) cost forecasts
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Assure and trace cost allocation for suitable cost objects.
- Check the integrity of raw material consumption with approved and selected bill of material
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as a cost accountant, cost analyst, accountant, or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Preferred experience in ERP systems ( SAP is a plus ).
- Industry background
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to details
- Strong time management skills
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- BSc degree in accounting, finance, or relevant study