- Good communication skills – Verbal
- Attention to detail
- Proven track record of strong focus towards high levels of Quality and Customer Service ? Ability to multi-task, depending on the criticality of the tasks.
- Self motivated and should be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Good team player
- Flexibility to work in different shifts including weekends
- Strong Relationship building skills
- Quick Learner
What you’ll do:
Principal Accountabilities Key activities and decision making areas
- Impact on the Business Ensure that the productivity and quality levels are achieved as per the standards sent for the process.
- Proactively identify issues, if any, and escalate.
- Provide service to customers by focusing on resolving requests efficiently, accurately, and professionally.
- Defuse irate customers and resolve challenging inquiries utilising negotiation skills while following guidelines in an effort to satisfy the customer.
- Demonstrate knowledge of features, benefits and procedures and take initiative to review daily process updates for defect free implementation.
- To maintain HSBC internal and external control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Issues/problems are effectively investigated and resolved or appropriately referred with recommendations
- Maintain equipment, systems and general work environment in good condition, adhering to all appropriate procedures.
Customers (External/ Internal)
- Receive/make calls from/to customers (internal/ external)
- Process customer instructions accurately to achieve agreed quality standards and targets (as amended or notified from time to time) on all the processes worked
- Act effectively on all customer feedback
- Proactively escalate to the Line Management any issues / transactions that would impact service delivery or potential loss to the bank
- Respond to mails/queries related to process timely with a cc to the Line Manager
- Ensure no Ops Losses (Actual, Potential or Near Misses) are incurred due to the errors made
Impact on process
- Meet targets on productivity and accuracy as per the targets and metrics defined for the process.
- Instructions/requests to be correctly interpreted, understood and implemented.
- Ensure that the process related procedures are implemented as per the process manuals.
- Ensure that fraud/errors/irregular transactions (if any) are identified and escalated.
- Ensure that the process requirements are met, adhered to, completed in accordance with established procedures and standards set.
- Work well independently; complete assigned tasks in the established timeframe as per the process benchmarks.
- Participate in development of cohesive teams
- Foster development of co-workers
- Contribute to the creation of a supportive work environment driven by people centric values
- Build professional relationships with colleagues in other areas
- Acquire and update knowledge on procedures related to relevant processes
- All data requirements (timesheets, leave requests, absence requests and ad hoc process information) is completed and updated in a timely manner
- Work productively, professionally and demonstrate ways to improve customer service.
- Assist line manager/supervisor with managing day-to-day operations and support peers on process if needed.
- Participate in team meeting / team activities and work towards sustaining team spirit.