A known company _ Alexandria _hiring senior Accountant
· Accounting operations, which include financial accounting, accounts payable, and payroll.
· the system of internal controls over accounting functions to minimize risk.
· the preparation of periodic financial statements and the corporate annual report.
· Analyze monthly balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and Income statements,
· Ensure that all reconciliations prepared by all sections have been performed correctly.
· Calculate and record month-end accruals and prepayments.
· Assist in implementing a new automated accounting system.
· Complete monthly close entries and adjustments.
· Manage all accounting transactions
· Prepare budget forecasts
· Ensure timely bank payments
· Entering the invoices in the accounting system and to be approved regarding the direct instructions of the finance department.
· Contribute to preparing a list of the outgoing payments to be approved by the manager.
· Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
· Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
· Assists external auditors and provides required statements and information for the annual audit.
· Dealing through emails and face to face communication by replying to and answering different inquiries from faculty and staff members regarding their salaries
· Check and validate monthly payroll actions received from the provost office/human resource office
· Reviews budget reports and assists other departments to prepare annual budgets.
· Coordinates the preparation of the corporate tax return.
· Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
· Complies with local, state, and federal government requirements.
· Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent management and supervisory skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Mastery of accounting and tax preparation software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
· Clear ability to handle multiple priorities
· Able to work with deadlines / under pressure
· Accuracy and attention to details
· Team player
· Presentation & Communication skills.
· Good Knowledge in public laws
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
· 5: 8 years of experience in accounting
· Certified Public Accountant designation highly preferred.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Able to travel as needed.