Financial Controller - GSK
The role is part of GSK’s North Africa Consumer business and finance team. It reports into the North Africa Finance Director and works closely with the different areas/people like In Country Shared Services (ICSS), Finance Director, Compliance, marketing, Sales to ensure proper financial reporting, controlling and stewardship. It requires deep and technical financial knowledge, commercial acumen, rigorous analytical skills as well as project management skills.
- Supervise Month end close and Reporting for Egypt.
- Responsible for the reporting of financial results for their market with commentary including income, balance sheet and cash flow which is accurate, complete and fully compliant with all relevant accounting standards, current best practice and any other regulations.
- Responsible for monthly Flash P&L and Actual templates preparation and attend on behalf of Egypt Finance Team monthly call with Area Team to discuss and comment on P&L, Balance Sheet & Headcount Actual vs. Plan/CMF for the MTD and YTD.
- Flash Sales and Actuals review and sign off.
- Consistently applies accounting policies which are appropriate to the current business environment
- Tightly controls transaction activity that operates in line with global processes and incorporates best practice financial controls
- Delivers insight to the Area in key areas of risk, growth and performance making recommendations for continuous improvements and remedial action as required
- Review financial information against historical run rates and future growth plans
- Owns the Market balance sheets including approval of reconciliations and leads Balance Sheet Reconciliation Review meetings with Area Team.
- Review of accounting papers
- Comparing monthly results & variance analysis
- Brand Sales and Balance Sheet Commentary.
- Align with HR on the Headcount reporting and any necessary changes.
- Innovation and Price Volume data Quarterly submissions.
- Communicate monthly actual spend and inventory to Supply Chain Team and discuss with the team relevant inquiries.
- Work closely with Marketing Team to ensure proper accrual of Advertising & Promotions via Advertising & Promotions Tracker and related cross charge.
- Leading Distributors’ Risk Classification & Credit Limit exercise and communicate results to In Country Shared Services (ICSS) Team to be reflected on the system.
- Leading year-end inventory physical count safely. Proactively discussing with Auditors and SC Team before the count to ensure smooth process.
- Supports and is responsible for the inputs to the external and internal financial audits for their Market
- Support in Independent Business Monitoring Exercise (IBM) and Audit & Assurance requirements.
- Work closely with the Team in Commercial Controls exercise to monitor and improve controls.
- Guiding finance and non-finance teams on accounting policies and procedures.
- Work closely with In Country Shared Services ICSS Team in various areas such as:
- Review Bison submissions to ensure proper reporting.
- Attend monthly Trial Balance and Balance Sheet Review meetings to address any issues.
- Coordinate regarding cross charges between entities.
- Coordinate changes to Cost Centers.
- Support in resolving Vendors’ payments issues by coordinating between Vendors, Business Owners and ICSS.
- Ensure the satisfaction of External Auditor’s requirements on time and communication with External Auditors to clarify and resolve pending issue.
- Discuss and support in resolving Tax issues such as Stamp Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), Withholding Tax.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience in a FMCG multinational company
- Recognized finance/accountancy qualification
- High level of technical financial competence in Financial Accounting and Reporting, Management Accounting and Budgeting.
- Relevant finance experience and a proven record of success in a matrix environment working with multiple customers
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to proactively challenge and advise
- Experience of dealing confidently with senior management
- Broad perspective and business insight
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and deliver high quality outputs within deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Experience of developing creative business solutions
- Excellent powerpoint and excel skills