Technical Support Specialist - Grifols
The Technical Support Specialist will be the point of escalation for the GEPD Service Desk for all issues that require onsite visit or problems that cannot be resolved in the Service Desk time requirements. The responsibilities include responding to Level 1-3 technical support incidents and requests as well as performing troubleshooting procedures and solving technical problems on Office, Windows 10 and various commercial and client proprietary software. Technician will also utilize remote access to client PCs to resolve complex issues. Technician will process and manage customer contacts using telephone, web, email, chat or by the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on desktops, laptops and other various computing equipment and devices related to Windows 10 and Office.
- Diagnose hardware issues, order parts, and replace faulty components.
- Answering user questions directly related to Windows 10, Office, and other supported applications.
- Use SCCM to push and install approved corporate applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to software and hardware compatibility.
- Face to face and hands on troubleshooting are required.
- Resolve wide range of software issues remotely using remote tools such as SCCM Remote, and Teams.
- Follow detailed technical instructions to ensure adherence to corporate quality standards.
- Document all issues using Service Desk ticketing system.
- Escalate unresolved calls to the next level support team using Service Desk ticketing system.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required.
- Use Active Directory and Exchange Management Console for managing users, groups, and computers.
- Reimage laptops and desktops as needed following company policy.
- Installation of network MFD printers.
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT
- Minimum 3 year of experience providing end user support in an enterprise environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10 and Office (2016 and 365).
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Working knowledge of TCP\IP.
- Hardware & Software troubleshooting experience required.
- Prior experience on enterprise systems with 500 or more users preferred.
- Associates degree preferred or combination of equivalent experience (3 years) and certifications.
- The following certification or comparable valid ones: MCSA Windows 10.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as they are introduced.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- Ability to help end users in stressful, hurried situations.
- Willing to learn new skills very quick.