Software Engineering Manager - Dell Technologies
Telco Software Engineering Manager
Join us as a Software Engineer Manager on our Telecom team in Cairo to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. We are looking for Software Engineering Manager who has a strong background in highly scalable distributed systems with experience working in an agile engineering team and a knack for researching new technologies.
Dell Telecom Systems Business Unit
TSB global team is building new stack of open software solutions for the Telco market to enable Customer Service providers to choose the infrastructure layer components that best fit their needs to connect their technology choices with hardware & application software.
Our engineering team is responsible for the creation and delivery of great software products and solutions, as well as services offerings for and to this market. The team works closely with a world-class product management team in defining and road-mapping the offerings. We take pride in creating top market products which are unique, cutting-edge, and win the confidence of Telecom customers.
Our products as Dell technologies Bare Metal Orchestrator “BMO” it is Metal weaver to comprehensively manage the infrastructure life cycle.
BMO is an infrastructure management solution that enables Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to rapidly, manage, & monitor their infrastructure provision.
What You’ll Achieve
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will work with a cross functional global team to design, build and deliver production ready software with Dell standards.
- Hire, train, motivate, develop, and hold accountable the best diverse and effective workforce
- Proactively build relationships, collaborate cross-functionally, and enable your team to do the same
- Provide innovative solutions to complex software engineering problems and communicate progress toward project goals/deliverables
- Liaise with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8 - 12 years of software development experience
- knowledgeable with Object-oriented programming
- knowledgeable in one or more of the following languages
- Java, Golang, Python, C/C++
- jQuery, Bootstrap, extJS, Knockout, Angular, React, Vue
- knowledgeable of micro-services APIs, Web Services, JSON
- knowledgeable of Container Technologies (Dockers, Kubernetes) and Containers Network Interface.
- Graduate from Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years people manager experience
- Network basics (TCP/IP stack, networking, security, and common Internet services/protocols such as SNMP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP)