Sales Manager - Hilton
A Sales Manager analyses local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As Sales Manager, you will analyse local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
- Analysis local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads
- Develop customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business into the specific hotel/cluster and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels, including social media channels
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Work within current business strategies and recognising potential opportunities
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Attend Sales events, as required
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Sales Director and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads
- Answer customer queries in a prompt and professional manner
- Manage staff performance in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Sales team
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field