Project Manager - Xylem
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project Manager (PM) is to take ownership and have the full responsibility for project execution and internal and external stakeholder management. Depending on the size, complexity and type of the project, this task may be done locally by a small team or in a larger project team with team members from different Xylem units around the world and other partners. The PM is expected to take the full ownership of the project and lead all aspects of it such as commercial, technical, contractual/legal, and financial with support from other functions and departments of Xylem, in the region and/or other parts of the world.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Own the hand-over process from planning to execution and ensure that all info, data, communications, requirements etc are handed over in right format, accurately and correctly.
- Lead the planning phase of the project, involving others in the project team and outside
- Develop a risk management plan identifying and addressing all potential risks from technical to financial, contractual etc.
- Define and communicate the scope, exclusions, requirements etc
- Preparing a detailed budget for the project and report any deviations from the calculations done by the operations team, all in cooperation with the Project Controller
- Develop a detailed time schedule for the project and identify the resources needed to finalize the project within the time and budget and to right quality.
- Establish needed monitoring and control measures and indicators to identify any deviations from the plan on time and develop corrective actions to put the project back on track
- Establish an internal and external (mainly suppliers, customer) communication plan including regular progress reports, monitoring, reporting etc.
- Build a strong relation with the customer and their representatives to facilitate a constructive and cooperative working environment and to facilitate and generate future businesses with the customer
- Take the lead and own all needed negotiations with the customer, with support from other functions of Xylem
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Mechanical or related qualification.
- At least 7 years of experience in a the water and wastewater industry.
- At least 5 years of experience within project management covering all aspects of the profession.
- Certified by PMI (PMP certificate) or other international Project Management organizations/institutions is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of a project, planning, monitoring & Control, Design/Engineering, contracts, finance/accounting, quality management, HSE, procurement, HR etc
- Knowledge of Water & Wastewater engineering principles; Experience managing / delivering Water & Wastewater Treatment & Reuse projects, including Pumping, Mixing, Filtration, Disinfection, Oxidation, Biological Treatments & Desalination.
- Well versed with Engineering Design, Procurement and Construction standard terms of contracts e.g. FIDIC
- Full command of English language written and spoken and capable of handling official communications. Arabic. French and any other spoken languages in the region is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills and a high level of personal and professional integrity. Capable of building and maintaining networks within Xylem and outside.
- Business and commercial sense and capability to see the “big picture” and considering all aspects of a project to make the right decisions and priorities.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to travel mainly in the region but also to other parts of the world. Must hold a valid passport and be able to travel sometimes with short notice.
- Ability to work under pressure, and continue to support team members and maintain a good relation with all stakeholders.
- A problem solver who gets the job done!
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of project planning, monitoring & Control, Design/Engineering, contracts, finance/accounting, quality management, HSE, procurement, HR etc.
- Advanced excel and powerpoint skills.
- Experience working in multinational matrix organization.
- Excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills with high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Capable of building and maintaining networks within Xylem and outside. Because of the setup of our projects, it is essential that the successful candidate is a strong team player, capable of building cooperative relationships with different Xylem units around the world.
- Business and commercial sense with capability to see the “big picture” and considering all aspects of a project to make the right decisions and priorities.
- While performing the duties of this job the candidate will be regularly required to travel mainly in the region but also to other parts of the world. Must hold a valid passport and be able to travel sometimes within short notice.
- Knowledge of different contract types and familiar with contract management techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure, and continue to support team members and maintain a good relationship with all stakeholders
- A problem solver who challenges the status quo and gets the job done!
Salary: Commensurate with experience and Xylem Water Solutions salary structure.