Solar PV Civil and Mechanical Engineer - Siemens Energy
We are looking for a PV Civil and Mechanical Engineer for the Engineering & Design department to support our Solar PV Power Plant and PV-Hybrid applications/solutions and services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the plant Civil & Mechanical system designs standards and technology selection; incl. Project-Classification Risk: medium / low Complexity: medium / low and plant performance related indicators.
Let’s Talk About You!
- Expert on geotechnical, topology and topographical analysis to evaluate the feasibility of installing a PV plant on different terrains all over the world
- 8+ years’ experience in Mechanical and Civil for Solar PV power plant engineering. Experience shall cover processes and technology, Experience in the execution of turnkey and consortium projects,
- Knowledge of Mechanical PV Design incl. Trackers, Structure Layout of a PV Plant including tracking systems/ technology, Network to technology providers in PV market, Structure, tracking, etc.
- Participation in project design and engineering of different types of solar power plants in back office or project/ site team
- Team leader and reference in project design and execution stages on the Civil & Mechanical field
- Knowledge of Overall Solar PV Civil & Mechanical Engineering & design, Structure standard / Codes (country, global), IP & patterns filing, Scheduling / Time Management, Proposal Costing and Review, Contract Management and Project Execution Process
- Knowledge of Specific PV Civil & Mechanical technologies, design tools and application, Hybrid energy systems, Project Management and Compliance Rules & Regulations.
- Solid Presentation, Negotiation and Moderation Techniques.
- Be strong in both written and oral English language
- Analysis and evaluation of pre and post execution documentation related to the Civil and Mechanical area such as geological report, topography, topology, pull-out test, Proctor, etc.
- Carry out soil analysis, conditions and risk evaluation related to the PV projects
- Evaluation and calculations for the site preparation: leveling, cutting, and filling, site clearance, etc.
- Economical evaluation of the convenience or not of using different structure technologies (fix, trackers, etc.)
- Develop design memos and calculations for Civil and Mechanical design of PV utility scale power plant based on the relevant standards, local codes and site conditions meeting the client/developer specification for Pre-Bid & Post Bid Projects.
- Leveraging latest technologies and available resources internally and externally including defined partner eco system. with special focus on suggestions for improving scope, reducing costs and mitigation risks on technical matters
- Leads (within his technical discipline) the design capabilities for himself and team to ensure best in class applied terminologies, tools, technologies, and technics to provide customers with competitive designs Identify and obtain required technology / tools for Solar PV business (life cycle view), software, hardware, etc.
- Within the Civil and Mechanical competences, plan, schedule, and conduct proposal engineering tasks, participate in proposal meetings, define scope; prepare costs for the offered scope, prepare clarifications and deviations to customer specification, give input to and check project execution schedule and define risks with appropriate mitigations
- Review all costs, risks, and technical concepts within own engineering discipline; support LoA process and cost/ risk-meetings according to valid processes
- Within the Civil and Mechanical competences, ensure timely and high-quality input from Engineering to proposal team.
- Be the reference and contact person on this area of competence both, internally and externally the Siemens Energy organization (partners, suppliers, vendors, OEMs, etc.)