Finance Specialist - GE Power
Job Description Summary
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Developing conceptual knowledge of professional discipline. May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Handles all wing-to-wing tax reporting and tax accounting processes including forecasting, tax provision, compliance and settlement.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience. Understands how work of own team contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults People Leader or more senior team members for issues outside of defined parameters.
- Collaborates with others to solve issues. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Exchanges technical information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Handles simple data entry work requiring face value check and correction.
- Bachelor's degree in finance ,Accounting or in a related field.
- This role requires basic experience in the Finance & Tax Operations.
- A Maximum of four years of experience in the auditing or accounting field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Auditing firms experience is a plus.