Assistant Accoutant Payable Leader - Flight Centre Travel Group
Assistant Accountant Payable Leader
About The Opportunity
The Assistant Accounts Payable Leader will assist the Team Leader in leading, motivating and training their team to ensure the long term, positive accounts relationship with its suppliers, partners and customers. The Assistant Ac-counts Payable Leader will also focus on the ongoing growth of team members, process improvements and efficiencies.
You fit this role perfectly as a strategic thinker who thrives on challenge, and consistently deliver a high level of customer service, contributing to Discova’s overall profitability.
- Effectively lead the team in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Support and foster a positive, well-balanced team environment and culture.
- Ensure effective one-on-ones and a solid planner.
- Identify and implement training needs of team members.
- Timely and accurate query resolution.
- Clear communication with selling partners, suppliers, and customers.
- Account reconciliation.
- Delighted customer base.
- Clear, complete, and timely delivery of information.
- Work closely with AP Leader and other financial institutes (VCC) to ensure payments are made on time and accurately.
- Recoup payments from suppliers whenever necessary.
- Be involved with and support audit requirements.
- Tracking & reporting (including BI, Jira, etc.).
- Knowledge of your suppliers - Ability to interpret supplier contracts and understand product type.
- Invoice exception management.
- Ad hoc projects.
- System upgrade and project testing. Day-to-day operations.
- Clarify mismatches in OPEX, tours and transportation invoices, making an invoice recon-ciliation with the Tour Plan system.
- Once the payment proposal is authorised, load the payments to the bank portal.
- Verify that the invoicing process is in order, to proceed with the proper reports and accounting closing.
- Complete Balance Sheet Reconciliations Vendor Ledger, Prepayment, Unallocated Cash, Virtual Credit Card & etc.
- Provide analysis and support to Management Accounting team or liaise directly with selling partners.
- Identifying risk in balance sheet and ways to mitigate this risk.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the field – accounting, business administration or related.
- Intermediate English proficiency.
- Excellent handling of Excel System.
- Commitment to Discova Americas.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- High degree of responsibility.
- An organised, strategic planner.
- Good communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Openness to innovation.
- Analytical thinking.
- Proactivity for excellence.
- Quality and professionalism.
- Service orientated.
- Able to embrace change.