Finance Chief Control Officer - HSBC
Lead the Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM) efforts in Egypt Finance, promote, support and ensure the Business Management owns its risk and controls as the first line of defense with respect to Operational Risk Compliance, Fiduciary, Legal, Information, Accounting, Tax, External Fraud, Internal Fraud, People, Political, Physical, Business Continuity, Systems, Operations, Project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reconciliation and substantiation of all Finance GLs as well as overall control of all general ledger accounts.
- Manage monthly communication process to AssureNET role holders and monitor the progress.
- Coordinate all requests related to AssureNET system from users to system changes (including filling in Change Request form/s when requested).
- Prepare key management information for monthly/quarterly ARC (Accounting Reconciliation Certificate) meeting with CFO and related sign-off to Group.
- Coordinate with AssureNET users raising exceptions to confirm the appropriateness as well as the clarity of the reported exceptions; then to discuss the details of these exceptions in the monthly/quarterly ARC meeting with CFO from Finance perspective.
- Handle the recovery of charges related to services made by HBEG to other inter regional entities through invoice issuing, payment follow up and ending revenue allocations.
- Assist external auditors with any clarifications required in the preparation process of all financial statements.
- Direct Risk and Control Assessment (“RCA”) including set scope, identify material risks, assign risk prioritization, identify and assess the design and operating effectiveness of key controls to mitigate operational risk.
- Manage internal control monitoring including develop monitoring plan, monitor progress against plan, execute control monitoring to assess the design and operating effectiveness, report results, develop action plans and oversee remediation for all controls assessed as “ineffective” or “needs improvement", and challenge procedures covering areas under review.
- Build relationships and interact with process and control owners to maintain current knowledge of the operations and business, organizational and/or technological changes impacting operational risk and internal controls.
- Design and implement procedures that enable all incidents to be reported in complete, accurate and timely manner including recording and conducting quality assurance, escalating incidents, appointing incident owner to analyze root cause and manage actions, and develop risk appetite target for operational losses.
- Develop and implement process for timely identification and escalation of Management Self-Identified Issues; document and monitor progress of remedial actions.
Essential experience, skills and qualifications required for this role:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in Finance.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting principles.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting system / processes and interface between HUB and HSBC Management Information Systems.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting systems.
- Strong knowledge of Group and Local Accounting Standards.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.