Automation Engineer - The Coca-Cola
Leads the automation organization, which is responsible to establish, maintain and improve the automation processes with respect to buildings, equipment, and utilities in the site. Propose, develop, and manage automation projects and initiatives in-line with company automation strategies and roadmap. Provides cost-effective and efficient technical solutions, standards, and act as a competence center for automation and interface to IT.
Manages instrumentation & metering maintenance and calibration plan implementation for all plant installations, production lines and machinery assuring integrity, operational consistency, and quality instrumentation & metering performance.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop automation proposals to improve plant performance and in-line with set automation evolution strategies.
- Lead all automation projects planned to improve site performance
- Implement technical automation standards compliant with company selected automation standards.
- Create, develop, and maintain automation & digitization SOPs.
- Support equipment, utility, facility improvement projects relevant to energy efficiency, productivity, environmental compliance, maintenance.
- Support the development of engineering team skills as relevant to automation, control and digitization aiming to develop competent, high performing team of engineers and sociates.
- Sharing and leveraging best practices and expertise in areas of automation, control and digitization.
- Implement train programs for staff, engineers, operators and/or technicians where in areas of automation, control, and digitization.
- Manages instrumentation and metering maintenance and calibration program and assures instrumentation, metering and respective systems integrity, operational consistency and quality performance.
Maintenance & Calibration
- Drive / improve technical availability, reliability, and condition of control, automation, and digitization assets.
- Establish cost efficient repair and maintenance / calibration processes in compliance with local regulations, HSE, GMP
- Define and execute asset classification and lifecycle management of plant process control systems, automation and digitization.
- Develop, monitor, and improve control systems, automation, maintenance & calibration plan.
- Investigate deviations and support troubleshooting and root cause analysis with stakeholders as relevant to process control, automation, digitization, and relevant systems.
Vendor & Contractor Management
- Manage and implement company contractual policies and procedures as relevant to control, automation, digitization and systems vendors/contractors and corresponding contracts implemented at site.
- Develop, review, approve vendors/contractors’ contracts for control, automation, digitization and systems.
Project Engineering & Control
- Develop equipment specifications and system requirements for automation and digitization projects (e.g., User Requirement Specification)
- Develop and execute projects Health & Safety Risk Assessments (Equipment / Process)
- Develop test specification / plan for commissioning & qualification of automation and digitization projects
- Execute equipment FAT / SAT / inspections for automation and digitization projects
- Execute commissioning activities for automation and digitization projects
- Manage automation and digitization project deficiencies and deviations
- Perform provisional and final project handover for automation and digitization projects
Plan and implement periodic qualification/re-qualification plan for automation, digitization, instrumentation and metering systems.
- Develop & design Process Control Systems
- Develop & implement Coding / Recipes (DCS / Scada / PLC's / Control Networks)
- Design, implement & maintain Historian Configuration for modules / visualization / OPEX
- Implement Software Change Controls associated with automation / system changes
- Design and implement Master Batch Records (MBR) for MES
- Establish & maintain Computer Systems Life Cycle Management
- Develop & deliver OT activities (e.g., Backup & Recovery / Patch Management / Remote Access / User Access)
- Establish & maintain new / modified end-to-end OT services / processes / procedures for Automation / Manufacturing / QC equipment
Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance for this role will be measured)
- Annual Department Budget managed effectively.
- Succession plan in place and robust.
- Technical training program in place and executed.
- All related SOPs are implemented on time.
- No critical/major observations during internal and external GMP inspections and Pre-Approval Inspections (PAI).
- Improvement projects according to plan.
- Highest safety standard implemented during projects and operations, no critical findings in HSE audits, no LTI and SIF.
- Adherence to global / site KPI.
- Meet maintenance cost efficiency.
Education (minimum/desirable): Engineering automation and/or control degree (B. Sc./ M. Sc.) or equivalent.
Languages: Fluent in English and proficient in local language.
- 5-10 years of engineering automation experience in Automation in Manufacturing
- Leadership experience for the management of external resources
- Project management skills including resource planning, budget control & quality.
- Proven software/hardware control systems, automation, digitization, instrumentation and metering reliable operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem-solving knowledge and skills.
- Own and develop automation solutions that are consistent with automation and digitization development plans, company automation strategy and plant specific needs meanwhile complying and supporting global standards.
- Communications skills with the ability to present ideas & solutions.
- CSV/TXT automation coding skills.