Human Resources Officer - Pathfinder International
The WESE program is five-year USAID-funded project designed to engage, leverage, and partner with the private sector as well as public social service initiatives to encourage women’s participation in the workforce; generate demand for financial services; promote tailored, market-based solutions to women’s economic empowerment; and strengthen GBV prevention and response such that women become more economically and socially resilient.
WESE activities integrate, mutually reinforcing private and public sector-led approaches that aim to change power relationships, transform structures, and build agency to effect results along critical change pathways. The program interventions are designed to lead women in priority governorates feeling safe, valued, and empowered at work; motivated and able to embrace financial autonomy; and respected and free from violence in their homes, communities, and workplaces.
The program works closely with market-based partners to develop, lead, scale, sustain, and champion innovative solutions, recognizing the economic AND social benefits of gender-inclusive, empowering policies and practices.
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for managing the human resource function for the WESE project. She/he will be responsible for managing staff contracts, benefits, time keeping, appraisal process, capacity building, in compliance with USAID and Pathfinder International rules and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
With minimal administrative oversight, essential responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following:
- Provide support in recruitment and hiring including organizing resumes and job applications, short-listing, scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview processes as well as contacting references;
- Prepare staff contracts and contract extensions in line with human resource policies;
- Assist the HR and Administration Manager with staff payroll processes and related withholdings. Regularly liaise with finance team, to ensure the payroll and taxes comply with Egyptian tax law;
- Coordinate on-boarding activities, including requests for equipment, orientations, ethics and technical trainings, and access to Pathfinder International resources / systems;
- Reconcile staff timesheets on a monthly basis to payroll sheet;
- Assist in performance management processes including timely implementation of probation and annual appraisal processes;
- Provide support and resources on conflict and conflict resolution or other issues that may arise to promote a positive work environment;
- Coordinate off-boarding processes, including conducting exit conversations and recording and filing appropriate documents,
- Support the HR & Administration Manager in reviewing employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance;
- Maintain HR files, databases and records relating to recruitment;
- Serves as back-up point of contact for employees with HR-related questions;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in an NGO or business environment with demonstrated Human Resources experience;
- Strong knowledge of Labor law, Tax and Social Insurance laws and regulations;
- Professional verbal and written abilities in both English and Arabic;
- High level of responsibility and integrity;
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams;
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment;
- Strong ethics and reliability;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, problem-solving ability, particularly as related to report development; and
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills.