Position Title: Financial manager
Department / Section: Financial
Position Type: Full time.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Hiring, training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks.
• Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency.
• Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
• Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
• Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders.
• Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
• Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business.
• Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• Experience in Management, Accounting, or a related field may be preferred.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
• Exceptional math skills.
• Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office.
• High level of efficiency and accuracy.
• Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
• Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data.