AP Accountant - Cargill
Job Purpose and Impact
The AP Accountant, will be responsible for the end to end process of paying supplier invoices, processing of traveler expense reports and supporting the business units, functions and suppliers with invoice questions. In this role, you will work closely with internal teams and functional contacts to resolve invoice discrepancies to ensure timely payment of invoices, resolve supplier invoice inquiries and cultivate relationships with outsourcing partners.
- Responsible for accounts payable activities including invoice processing and supplier payments, keeping suppliers on agreed upon pay terms, posting payments and journal entries.
- Execute accounts payable activities and actively partner with businesses to resolve issues related to supplier payments and reduce their involvement in the payable process.
- Prepare reports and materials for process stakeholders following established procedures.
- Research statements, past due notices, disconnect notices and other miscellaneous mail.
- Research supplier inquiries received regarding accounts payable issues and educate the supplier on missing or inaccurate information on invoices and compliance with organization invoicing and payment requirements.
- Drive process efficiency by meeting key performance indicators, run and monitor reports, analyze root cause for discrepancies and monitor incidents and issues to reduce risks.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience leading periodic meetings
- Virtualization software experience
- Knowledge of related accounts payable enterprise resource planning systems