SC Sr. Automation Engineer - PepsiCo
About the job
- Acts as the dotted manager for the maintenance managers.
- Plan the overhauls covering all the concerned lines on annual basis, to ensure it is reflected in the spare parts plan as well as AOP/SBP.
- Align with the spare parts team to ensure the inclusion of the required spare parts in the overhauls plan.
- Lead the Maintenance teams in the plants in the advanced troubleshooting.
- Coach/train the maintain teams, to improve teams capabilities as an expert.
- Communicate with related OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) with maintenance requirements, new SKUs/Packages, upgrades, and retrofits.
- Investigate new technologies related to new lines, new upgrades, to ensure that it will deliver the required results.
- Plan AOP/SBP for concerned area of expertise, ensuring that it includes all the replacements, overhauls, upgrades.
- Monitor budget spending, to ensure compliance with set AOP.
- Work with the procurement on POS executions; to ensure a timely implementation for the overhauls.
- Review & validate the quotations from the OEMs, to ensure compliance & completion with the preset requests.
- Search for new innovations in the market related to low cost automation and digitized value chain, and applicability for implementation in area of concern.
- Lead small/medium projects in the related categories, as an arm for the engineering team with a direct impact on the field.
- Act as technical track lead in all big projects with the projects teams.
- Monitor categories performance (net and true efficiency, cost, productivity) versus AOP.
- Set, plan, and identify the gaps to decide on action plans to fill in the gaps in coordination with the plant managers.
- Arrange interventions from suppliers upon needs, and decide on action plans and root cause with the suppliers and maintenance team.
- Lead root cause analysis for critical equipment and participates in the initiation of the solution with the maintenance team and OEM.
- Work as a regular remote resource for the concerned categories to cover all the plants, to assess equipment or resolve breakdowns with maintenance teams/operate and maintain teams where applicable.
- Lead preventive maintenance plan in alignment with the maintenance managers / operate and maintain teams where applicable.
- Works with the MOS (Manufacturing operation support) and the region engineering team to support and help the local needs.
- Act as focal point for the specialized area in case of any new initiatives/ plans cascade from the region.
- Participate in the new lines commissioning and lines takeovers.
- Manage warranty period with the OEM, to ensure the benefit of the warranty in needed cases.
- Participate in the new service contracts, monitor execution and ensures KPIs delivery, and implementation.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the Health & Safety programs in the field.
- Ensure equipment are meeting operations and safety standards, and sustain targets and decide on actions in case of deviation from targets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Controls Engineering.
- 5 years + experience in Automation.
- Siemens, Alan Bradly, PLC control automation proficiency and B&R knowledge.
- Industrial networks knowledge and proficiency.
- High trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Leadership skills over maintenance managers.
- Subject Matter Expert in automation & control and Industrial networks.
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular