Accountant - Mendel.ai
Responsible for implementing and editing financial and accounting procedures, and carrying out budget and accounting work that are carried out at our office in Egypt.
- Process ledger and booking entries according to stated procedures so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all transactions and reports are processed according to internal procedures and guidance so that the company fulfils all legislative reporting requirements.
- Prepare reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review in a timely manner.
- Identify, investigate and rectify routine errors and anomalies in data and reports so that all financial data can be relied upon.
- Provide advice as required to other business areas to ensure clarity concerning financial performance and financial requirements
- Maintain financial files and information in a way that allows ease of retrieval of information and reports.
- Analyze ledgers and accounts to allow the reconciliation of financial data according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an ongoing basis and statutory reports can be produced within legislative time limits.
- Prepare non-routine financial data for management attention as requested in order to support management decision-making.
- Ensure that all transactions and reports are processed according to externally defined legislation and guidance so that the company fulfils all legislative reporting requirements
- Develop own professional expertise through optimizing on-the-job training opportunities and formal training situations in order to improve levels of personal performance.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- Preference given to candidates from the American or German University in Cairo.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Suite.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, AP, AR & GL.
- 5-7 years of experience with accounting systems.