Senior DevOps - Arrow Electronics
About the job
SiliconExpert Technologies, Inc. is looking for Senior DevOps Engineers with strong development background, who will be responsible for enabling faster release and deployment cycles, by taking advantage of agile development methodologies, improved collaboration between business stakeholders, application development and operations teams and automation tools, they will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems, automate and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and alerting, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev/QA/Prod. environments.
Primary focus for the role developing and building containerization solutions, Senior DevOps Engineer installs and configures solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, and assist with all stages of test data and monitoring the container orchestration layer.
Senior DevOps Engineer will build automated deployments, through the use of configuration management technology, helps create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance, deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment and Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
Senior DevOps Engineer will build and implement infrastructure / application disaster recovery solution, through the use of infrastructure as code technology.
Not only does Senior DevOps Engineer evaluates existing applications and platforms, they also give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
- The primary focus is Research, design, and implement solutions for containerization technology, fault tolerance, disaster recovery, and configuration management of systems and applications.
- Maintain and optimize our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems CI/CD and making sure that all the processes, people, and tools work in sync.
- Building and maintaining the applications and releases with the accountability for the uptime and reliability of applications/infrastructure. also take on-call responsibilities in case of application/infrastructure emergencies, in addition to, Routine application maintenance tasks.
- Proactively monitors applications/systems. disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including Dev team, QA team and leadership.
- Provides management, maintenance, monitoring, automated configuration management and infrastructure as code for microservices in an Agile DevOps environment.
- On call duties.
- Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
- Often participates in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings.
- Providing guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits, create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects.
- Work closely with development & QA teams to create processes and tools that provide immediate feedback on source changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent education in the form of work experience at similar technology positions.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience as a Developer/Systems Administrator/DevOps, supporting development teams (sysadmins + Java/Angular software development).
- Strong Knowledge of managing CI/CD tools preferably Jenkins and AWS code build/deploy/pipeline.
- Experience in containers/container orchestration platforms; Docker, Kubernetes and AWS EKS. (minimum of 2 years of work experience)
- Experience in infrastructure as code & DR using CloudFormation or terraform.
- Good Knowledge of automation frameworks and configuration management using Ansible.
- Good Knowledge of monitoring and logging tools.
- Good Knowledge of webservers tools preferably apache HTTP and Java tomcat.
- knowledge of Source/Revision Control (GIT) and Issue Tracking (JIRA)
- knowledge of Build Tools (Maven, AngularJS)
- knowledge of enterprise search technologies, such as Apache SOLR, Elastic Search and Lucene is a plus.
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language (preferably bash).
- Microservices architecture experience.
- Problem-solving skills are highly important with solid communication skills to build up knowledge and understanding of how systems work and interact.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required).
- Certified AWS SysOps is preferred.
EG-Cairo, Egypt (Al Emdad & Al Tamween)