Senior Financial Analyst - Souq.com
About the job
Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to partner and support the retail category specific finance activity. This role will be based in Cairo, Egypt. The successful candidate will be thoughtful, analytical, highly customer-obsessed, and self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate would play a key role in driving the function /category agenda and would work as finance partner in delivering the business results.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated ability to effectively manage the finance of a high-growth business. The successful candidate should be comfortable working in cross-functional teams and demonstrate strong leadership skills. The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of an extremely dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth.
Key job responsibilities
Perform financial reporting and support monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts
- Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management.
- Measuring and monitoring of metrics for new business initiatives
- Assist in measuring and reporting progress on key goals for the business team in a timely manner
- Facilitate the business reviews with data analysis and follow through with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics
- Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modeling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives
- Partnering with the Global leadership team to develop strategic long term operating plans
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls,
- Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
- Serve as team lead for medium and large scale projects.
- Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required.
- Lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
MBA/ CA/CPA/ICAEW, with 8+ or more years of post-qualification experience in consumer oriented business finance roles
Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling skills
Highly analytical and detail oriented
Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
Strong financial analysis, financial modeling skills, and familiarity with Data Warehouse environment
Exceptional interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
Cognos/TM1, Data warehouse analytics or SQL knowledge a plus E-Commerce/FMCG/Retail industry experience
Company - Souq.com for E-Commerce LLC