Accounting & Reporting Head - ArabyAds
Reporting to: Head, Shared Services Centre.
Shared Services Center_SSC
ArabyAds has established a Finance and Shared Service Function based in Cairo catering for all ArabyAds Markets with the following scope: Accounting, Purchase to Pay, Treasury, Taxes, Billings, Credit Control, Payroll, Statutory Reporting, Compliance.
- The role specifically is Accountable for all aspects of Financial and Management Accounting including;
- Management Accounting
- Timely issuance of monthly results
- All reporting deliverables
- Support Business to identify root causes behind material variances
- General Ledger
- Ownership of GL and ensure all transactions are fully supported
- Ensure transparent and fully supported balance sheet
- Support budget preparation and compilation of financial information
- Ensure system design and processing of information enables full breakdown of all net sales streams and services by client hence the preparation a client P&L
- Fixed Asset Register
- Forex Exchange revaluations
- Monthly Accruals Management
- Journal management
- Tax related issues
- Intercompany Transactions Management
- Preparing Statutory Financial Statements
- Establish and maintain strong links with Business and provide support as needed.
- Manage a team of 1 in addition to external Tax advisors
- Continually achieve set KPIs and strive to generate improvements in process and procedures.
- Complete ownership of the General Ledger and its integrity including, maintaining COA (chart of accounts), and accounting systems parameters.
- Complete ownership of the Period end Closing process
- Timely issuing of monthly results reports
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Fixed assets booking
- Audit coordination, ensure all audit work is complete prior to visit and ensure all queries are resolved within 24 hours
- Review VAT returns, Coordination with Tax Advisors as required
- Internal Audit compliance
- Manage Intercompany transactions process
- Set and manage team performance against agreed KPIs.
- Coordinates with other functions (AP, AR, Treasury, Compliance and Tax)
- Generate Month end Closing Accruals and review aged items with respective functions (AP & AR) identify any required adjustment such as deferred income, analyze any aged items.
- Forex Exchange Revaluation
- General expenses accruals/ adjustments
- Perform Allocations/Recharges
- Maintaining COA (chart of accounts)
- Lease accounting IFRS 16
- Track Contingencies and Provisions
- Chartered Accountant, CPA ACCA trained and qualified in a medium to large size firm is plus
- Extremely organized and structured
- Solid track record in Financial control of multi-organizational structure
- Enable the development of a robust organizational structure to ensure staff are trained and have a service attitude
- Experience in managing a secure and transparent Internal Control environment
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are complied
- Thorough working knowledge of IFRS
- Well organized with strength in prioritizing.
- Flexible attitude to achieve results.
- Calm under pressure.