Finance Manager - Souq.com
About the job
The Finance Operations Business Partnership (BP) team is seeking a Finance Manager who will be a key member of the Middle East Retail BP team. This individual will be responsible for driving Retail procure-to-pay and order-to-cash performance. In this role, you will responsible for developing and maintaining operational and business metrics and targets, driving global operational reviews, as well as owning improvements to achieve targets. As a business partner, you will work daily alongside Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Service Centers, Vendor Managers, Retail Finance, Vendors, and other operational groups at all levels in a global environment. Complex problem solving and financial analysis skills are required to manage multiple high visibility priorities in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
- Define key performance indicators – develop operational and business metrics and service level agreements for programs and processes, and track delivery against global objectives.
- Consolidate inputs, and challenge assumptions, on performance drivers and projections from stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective partnership between Finance Operations, Service Centers and Retail.
- Identify and drive opportunities for improved cash flow, margin or productivity improvements related to vendor payments and receivables.
- Solve critical vendor, process and system escalations effectively to ensure root cause analysis and effective problem resolution.
- Identify and quantify financial and operational risks and opportunities
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Qualified Accountant (CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent);
or Masters qualification with 10+ years of finance / operational experience;
or 12+ years of finance / operational experience
- Ability to solve complex problems within and outside your direct scope of responsibility, diving deep into data to prove out root causes of system or process defect
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams to implement scalable solutions, delivering multiple projects to agreed deadlines
- Ability to communicate both in writing and orally in a manner necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
- You have a track record of earning the trust of leadership by challenging norms, enabling growth and improving efficiency
Experience in process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma(Green belt and Yellow belt projects) and, with profound knowledge of how best-practice tools and processes work.
- Project management experience(PMP Certified), working with technology and product managers to drive technology roadmaps
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Experienced at communicating complex analysis clearly and concisely
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Retail accounts payable and accounts receivable experience
- SQL and Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with Oracle Financials