Position: Accounting Manager – Finance
Location: 6th of October, Egypt
The Accounting Manager is a key role on plant finance, responsible for all aspects of accounting, taxation and internal controls and assists with cash flow management. The position works closely with other finance sub functions as well as other departments and vendors to ensure smooth and coordinated daily business operations and proper accounting treatments.
Month-end Closing Activities
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage Month-end closing bookings, ensure compliance with deadlines and accuracy of financial data.
Taxation, Auditing And Internal Controls
- Acts as the focal point for tax authorities, internal and external auditors.
- Prepares and coordinates internal/external audit requirements and reconciliations.
- Ensure accuracy of annual statutory reporting as per EAS, quarterly and annual reporting as per US-GAAP.
- Responsible for tax authorities requirements including all types of returns, required submissions, reconciliations, tax audits as well as company’s regional tax submissions.
- Ensure compliance with SOX internal controls requirements, including monthly/quarterly/annual assessments and submissions.
Daily Finance Activities
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Monitoring and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles. Ensure compliance with the company’s standards.
- Manages a team of 3-4 accountants responsible for AR, AP, Banks as well as the general ledger.
- Oversee cash flow and ensure proper working capital management.
- Supervising review of supplier invoices and processing of payment requests; monitoring payment processing system to ensure conformity to agreed terms of purchase and delivered quantities;
Leadership And Team Management
- Lead a team of 3-4 Accountants.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback as well as semiannual and annual appraisals.
- Responsible for subordinates development and succession plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/finance.
- 6-8 years of experience in a related field.
- Strong command over Microsoft Office and ERP system (SAP preferable).
- A manufacturing industry background is preferred.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Fluency in English.