The Assistant Accounting Manager is a key role on plant finance, Responsible for all aspects of accounting, taxation and internal controls and assists with cash flow management. The position works closely with other finance sub functions as well as other departments and vendors to ensure smooth and coordinated daily business operations and proper accounting treatments.
• Manage Month-end closing bookings, ensure compliance with deadlines and accuracy of financial data.
• Acts as the focal point for tax authorities, internal and external auditors.
• Prepares and coordinates internal/external audit requirements and reconciliations.
• Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital asset reconciliations, etc
• Ensure accuracy of annual statutory reporting as per EAS, quarterly and annual reporting as per IFRS.
• Responsible for tax authorities requirements including all types of returns, required submissions, reconciliations, tax audits as well as the company’s regional tax submissions.
• Oversee accounting daily operations
• Plan, implement and oversee overall accounting strategy
• Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers.
• Maintains accurate financial records and control reports.
• Prepares accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner
• Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department.
• Monitoring and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
• Ensure compliance with the company’s standards.
• Oversee cash flow and ensure proper working capital management.
• Supervising review of supplier invoices and processing of payment requests; monitoring payment processing system to ensure conformity to agreed terms of purchase and delivered quantities;
• Provide ongoing performance feedback as well as semiannual and annual appraisals.
• Responsible for subordinates development and succession plans.
• Encourage other employees to adhere to standards
• Monitor and analyze accounting data
• Set up and monitor accounting KPIs
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/finance.
• 12-15 years of experience in a related field.
• Strong command over Microsoft Office and ERP system (Odoo preferable).
• A retail industry background is preferred.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Fluency in English