1. Assist the production of materials for internal and external promotion of WFP and its operations. The products will be principally in Arabic and English.
2. Organize and maintain final publication digital assets for internal/external production in an archive available to the rest of the team.
3. Provide technical and administrative assistance to all RBC units, RBC’s respective country offices (COs), and HQ, including Arabic-language material produced and published by HQ’s Graphic Design and Publications Communications, Advocacy & Marketing Division.
4. Provide technical Graphic Design assistance to RBC’s respective COs through missions, TDYs or training.
5. Implements new methods or tools of improving Graphic Design work processes and productivity.
6. Provide Graphic Design skill development opportunities by creating/facilitating training modules or on-the-job experiences for self and colleagues.
7. Supervise all Graphic Design deliverables produced by outsourced vendors to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
8. Facilitate partnerships with other WFP units, UN agencies, and Graphic Design LTA companies to produce relevant Graphic Design materials.
9. Organize, monitor, and prioritize own Graphic Design inputs to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
10. Act as a regional focal point for Graphic Design.
11. Any other tasks as required by the head of the unit.
1. Assist in the graphic production of both corporate and creative WFP materials promoting WFP and its operations.
2. Use existing branded templates to update corporate dashboards for emergencies, operational regional highlights documents, operational highlights by thematic areas, documents and assist in the visualization of thematic briefs for Programme units.
3. Produce digital files with the correct resolution for web posting (Intranet and extranet platforms), and print files if required.
4. Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based, and animated presentations and reports.
5. Provide support to briefing documents in terms of enhancing presentation as required.
6. Ensure all materials produced are brand consistent including correct font, colors, tone of images, and are correctly formatted and free of Graphic Design errors.
7. Develop key info-graphs on the progress of the operation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to Fine Arts, Applied Arts or Graphic Design.
Language: Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
Experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of Graphic Design/layout/publication productions.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite Package especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Advanced knowledge of basic computing, particularly Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Microsoft Publisher
• Communicates effectively.
• Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self.
• Good organizational skills, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail are essential.
• Ability to handle pressure and balance a busy workload.
• Analyses and integrates verba, numerical and other types of data.
• Rapidly learns new tasks relevant to own job and quickly commits information to memory.
• Sets self clearly defined tasks in line objectively set by the line manager.