About The Role
As a Sr. Backend Developer, you will work on delivering high-performance software components for a diverse range of products that have multiple stakeholders.
You will also be working with the latest and most modern tech tools and frameworks to write highly reusable, modular & scalable Backend components with SOLID standards.
We care a lot about performance & quality and ease-of-use in our end products. We expect you to be able to detect bottlenecks before they come into existence and act accordingly.
The perfect candidate should be able to take ownership of features from start to finish while taking high-level architectural decisions.
What you’ll do
- Build, optimize and scale our backend architecture
- Building performant reusable code that follows SOLID principles
- Monitor backend servers performance via our APM tooling
- Write high-performance JSONAPI Spec compliant APIs
- Write RSpec unit tests to test the core interactions in our web apps
- Take architectural decisions on how to breakdown complex problems into smaller ones
- Mentor junior engineers to deliver clean and reusable code
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive designs
- Adapting to our SDLC via git-flow
- Take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Drive adoption of new technology into existing complex systems
- Computer Science bachelor degree
- At least 3 years of experience in production environments
- Experience and ability to use git efficiently
- Solid knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework and the internals
- A foundational understanding of HTTP protocol
- Experience in PostgreSQL/PostGIS for spatial data queries
- Experience in DBMS optimization and scaling
- Experience in performance tracking and optimization using APM tools
What sets you apart
- A thoughtful point of view about what makes great product experiences usable, productive, and delightful.
- Curiosity to understand users, empathize with them, and anticipate their needs.
- Experience in creating multi-tenant & role-based applications
- Experience in AWS ecosystem is a plus. We use ECS and Docker heavily
- Experience in Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform) is a plus
- DevOps experience
- Experience in load and stress testing
- Experience in Node.js
- Experience in the supply chain or logistics industry
- Experience in open-source projects collaboration
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Medical Insurance
- Career development budget (Courses, books & conferences)
- Flexible work hours, Work from home
- Working with the latest and cutting-edge technologies
- Working in a great and fun environment
- Being a part of a unique team that delivers world-class products.