About the job
Join us as a Software Senior Engineer on our Live Optics team in Cairo to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Dell Technologies Live Optics™ is the next generation of IT workload profiling created to allow a modern method of collecting, visualizing, and sharing performance and design characteristics for IT environments. Currently Live Optics is utilized in 170 countries by IT Professionals as well as employees and partners of the entire Dell Technologies family of companies.
The Dell Technologies Live Optics team is expanding in Cairo. Each member of Live Optics is expected and encouraged to express their creativity for problem solving and contribute to both technique and features of the product. A true opportunity for your ideas to come alive and be globally utilized is at your fingertips. Do you have a passion to work with cutting edge cloud technologies? Do you have a desire to influence evolving cloud initiatives? The Live Optics team is looking for an exceptional, highly motivated, and ambitious team player to build, execute and deliver a best of breed software stack to our customers.
What You’ll Achieve
As a Software Senior Engineer, you will take technical ownership of high-level feature requests, and coordinate with the US, Irish, Indian, and Egyptian Engineering teams. You will design and implement features, often spanning multiple components within the backend infrastructure.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Coding solutions to a high level of testability, modularity, and maintainability.
- Participation in architecture and design with the Live Optics architecture team.
- Working independently and as part of an Agile software development team.
- Communication with management on progress, milestones, delays, and risks.
- Support and development of junior software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years’ experience in designing, developing, and scaling software applications
- Graduate from Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge in Object Oriented Programming Languages
- Experience in Distributed Systems & Microservices
- Relational & Non-Relational Database Development Experience
- Familiar with DevOps (CI/CD), TDD and test automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure stack
- Linux (or other Unix) development experience
- Background in C#, .Net