At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible to receive and record incident related information, using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures, select appropriate actions to resolve problems. This role participates in remote technical support of IBM software products and/or systems.
- Find solutions for customers with a wide range of server software issues including answering how-to questions, trouble-shooting defects, analyzing performance issues and collaborating across product areas to resolve problems.
- Become trusted resource for customer questions on installs/upgrades/migrations, backup and recoveries, fix maintenance and using storage and virtualized storage solutions.
- Help customers troubleshoot server software problems utilizing IBM team expertise, knowledge content, testing and development discussions.
- Contribute to the IBM knowledge content used by customers and staff by creating and helping to manage documentation.
- Help to bring innovation and new ideas to support products and software
- Leverage your unique talents to help grow the IBM brand and advance the IBM i Global Support Center mission.
- Flexible schedule to support 24x7 shift operations and on-call coverage.
- Respond to escalated customer calls, complaints, questions and queries.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of technical support experience
- Highly organized with exceptional follow up skills
- Excellent written - verbal and phone skills
- Highly-motivated, creative problem-solver, and that thrives working directly with clients
- Ability to work effectively across cultures and geographies
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Software support experience
- Customer service or client-facing experience
- Working knowledge of the IBM i operating system