- Participates as a member of development team or teams; may lead a small development team.
- Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
- Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
- Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Applies company and 3rd party technologies to software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
Education And Experience Required
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
Knowledge And Skills
- 5+ years of combined experience in application management and DevOps
- Understand and embrace DevOps culture, principals, and best practices
- Ability to develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Deep understanding of software lifecycle
- Aware of agile concepts
- Understanding of OS/kernel/NW concepts
- Experience in designing and developing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in scripting (Bash or Powershell, Python, Groovy)
- Experience in version control and configuration management
- Experience in designing and building DevOps solutions
- Experience in containerization (kubernetes, docker and helm charts)
- Aware of Infrastructure as a code concept
- Aware of scalability, reliability and security guidelines
- Experience with creating solutions, estimations and sizing
- Up to date with the state-of-the-art tools and integrations
- Excellent communications and client facing skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities through prior experience working with senior management to find solutions for customers and leading teams
Demonstrated ability to identify technology gaps in current capabilities and processes