Role purpose: To operate and provide a second line support service to Enterprise service platform on the application level to meet the expected availability and performance
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Technical Operation:
o Manage the platform backend servers.
o Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
o Follow-up on the daily health checks and fix problems once they appear on a server.
o Insure to solve assigned Trouble Tickets (TTS) for the supported systems within SLA.
o Clear notification for any production problems - IR report
o Escalate and communicate raised issues from Vodafone OpCos to the 3rd line of support.
o Keep up to date with the new product versions and new releases.
o Transfer the knowledge to the first line of support.
o Transfer the knowledge to the new comers in the support team.
o Ensure to use the pre-production environment for testing activities before launching a new service.
o Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment similar to the production platform.
o Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
o Manage installing and upgrading software. This includes the deployment of new shipments
o Managing any crisis related to the system
o Follow the crisis management process
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• The potential candidate should have a technical background (software engineering, information technology, system integration, …) or a similar education with some kind of working experience as well (best case 3 years+)
• Experience in maintaining and administrate Jira Software, Jira Service Management and Confluence
• Experience in maintanance of Jira-/Confluence instances incl. System updates, analysis of logfiles and execution of probing
• Know-how with relational databases and application knowhow for java applications
• Experience with Groovy or similar script-languages / solution of complex challenges
• Knowhow regarding agile delivery models (Scrum, Kanban)
• Can work self-reliant, quick understanding of complex problems, self-organized, team-oriented, …
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor of computer science / engineering
• 3-6 years IT Support, system administration & Operation.
• Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Fluent English both oral and written is a must.
• Ownership and commitment attitude
• Excellent analytical thinking skills
• Handling multi-tasks
• Ability to work under Pressure
Key performance indicators:
• Ensure that All Services are SLA compliant
• Ensuring that the Operation Quality is being done and reflected in the Operation.
• Ensure that all incidents are solved within the agreed SLA
• Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
• Report on agreed KPIs according to the governance process.