Objective of Position
The main role is software design and development for locally developed systems. In addition, the job incumbent will be the first line of support for software and clients related incidents and requests. Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming. Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Protect operations by keeping information confidential. Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues. Develop software solutions, designing and maintaining database, and building business analysis reports and dashboards over BI solutions based on studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Taking in consideration the security and development lifecycle regulations though both support maintenance and development of new solutions of enhancement to available ones.
- Gather requirements from business teams;
- Research, design and write new software programs;
- Test new programs and fault finding;
- Evaluate the software and systems that make computers and hardware work;
- Develop existing programs by analyzing and identifying areas for modification;
- Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together;
- Create technical specifications and test plans;
- Write and test code and then refine and rewrite as necessary;
- Write operational and technical documentation;
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
- Work closely with business colleagues/clients from design to testing, and maintaining agile deliveries.
- Investigate new technologies;
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
IT Landscape and Methods
- 1st line of support for user support incidents
- System administration and user authorization.
- General IT infrastructure support
- Provide basic network support
- Software infrastructure such as OS support and database administration.
- Follow secure coding and general security guidelines. Manage user authorization and authentication according to business approvals.
- Design, develop and test new Windows and web software applications
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Create BI reporting and steering Dashboards over BI platforms (Power BI, Tableau…etc.)
- Work with code versioning tools (ex: SVN)
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT /computer engineering/computer science is preferable, and /or higher courses in supporting IT software engineering and network engineering
- 0 - 3 years of relevant experience
- Willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good problem solving behavior
- Excellent customer orientation skills
- Good knowledge in development life cycle
- Good experience in user help desk support
- Good experience in IT field
- Very good English level
- Good BI analysis skills