Senior Application Support Engineer
Posting Country: Egypt
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
Role purpose: To operate and provide a second line support service to Enterprise service platform on the application level to meet the expected availability and performance
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Technical Operation:
o Manage the platform backend servers.
o Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
o Follow-up on the daily health checks and fix problems once they appear on a server.
o Insure to solve assigned Trouble Tickets (TTS) for the supported systems within SLA.
o Clear notification for any production problems - IR report
o Escalate and communicate raised issues from Vodafone OpCos to the 3rd line of support.
o Keep up to date with the new product versions and new releases.
o Transfer the knowledge to the first line of support.
o Transfer the knowledge to the new comers in the support team.
o Ensure to use the pre-production environment for testing activities before launching a new service.
o Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment similar to the production platform.
o Ensure to maintain the preproduction environment availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
o Manage installing and upgrading software. This includes the deployment of new shipments
o Managing any crisis related to the system
o Follow the crisis management process
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Solid Linux/Unix Knowledge
• Windows Administration background
• ITIL Foundation v3 Certificate is a must
• ITIL Intermediate Certificate is a plus
• Experience in Similar role i.e (Operation Handling)
• DBA knowledge overview (SQL,Oracle)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor of computer science / engineering
• 3-6 years IT Support, system administration & Operation.
• Strong Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Fluent English both oral and written is a must.
• Ownership and commitment attitude
• Excellent analytical thinking skills
• Handling multi-tasks
• Ability to work under Pressure
Key performance indicators:
• Ensure that All Services are SLA compliant
• Ensuring that the Operation Quality is being done and reflected in the Operation.
• Ensure that all incidents are solved within the agreed SLA
• Ensure to meet the systems availability for all the backend systems excluding planned outage.
• Report on agreed KPIs according to the governance process.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.